Voluntary Standard Verification
Through our services and partnerships we can assess and verify your company’s activities against the following voluntary standards:
• Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) – certification provided by Soil Association Certification Ltd.
• Textile Exchange
How voluntary standard verification works
FLOCERT will do a scope assessment to check that the certification requirements of your chosen voluntary standard are applicable to your organization. We then do an onsite audit of your organization, to check whether you comply with the voluntary standards of the selected partner.
On completion of the audit we provide you with an audit report and closing meeting report, detailing the identified non-conformities, improvement potentials, corrective measures suggested/proposed, responsibility and deadline to comply etc, based on various partners’ requirements and practices.
For GOTS and TE, the certification decision on audits conducted by FLOCERT will be made by our partner, the Soil Association Certification Ltd., who holds accreditation for these standards. Soil Association Certification will then issue a certificate of compliance for the audited voluntary standard.
FLOCERT or our partner will provide you with a certificate of compliance against the audited voluntary standard.
Benefits of voluntary standard verification
- Being verified by a globally renowned third party increases your credibility with your suppliers, buyers and customers – and shows how serious you are about sustainable business practices.
- With FLOCERT’s qualified and trained staff, and our wide experience of auditing and verification, and in co-operation with our various partners, we have great expertise in delivering credible, high-quality services.
- Having our own global network of auditors, good direct connections with farmers, and a central management system for our data, means we always have quicker, easier access to information than other certifiers/verifiers.
- Verification shows consumers and the public that you are being transparent in your operations – and it makes your future operations more secure.
- It helps distinguish your company from others – it’s a strong selling point.
- Because it’s measurable, it’s a good foundation for future impact assessment.