If you feel that the world of Fair Trade has its very own language – don’t fret! We’ll keep you in the know!
With this glossary we’ll guide you through the common technical terms used by FLOCERT, Fairtrade International and the World Fair Trade Organisation (WFTO).
Learn about the wor(l)ds of Fair Trade below!
New FLOCERT customers (who have not yet had their Fairtrade Initial Audit), as well as customers who:
- pay the Minimum Price and/or Fairtrade Premium, or act as conveyers of the Fairtrade Price and/or Premium (or)
- have more than 2 Additional Entities (or)
- manufacture composite products or trade perishable products (fruits, flowers, etc.) (or)
- bring high product or set-up complexity (or)
- benefit from exceptions (including systemic retroactive product certification) (or)
- were suspended or had, as a result of the last audit, a Follow-Up Audit (or)
- had more than two Major Non-Conformities at the last audit (or)
- are certified according to the Trader Corporate Certification (TCC) model