If you feel that the world of Fair Trade has its very own language – do not worry! With this glossary we would like to guide you through the specific technical terms used by FLOCERT, Fairtrade International and the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
A small licensee is a subcategory of a Fairtrade trader, if complying with all of the following requirements:
1. The customer holds a licensee contract with Fairtrade International or a National Fairtrade Organization.
2. The customer manufactures or re-packages Fairtrade products.
3. The customer does not categorize as a Fairtrade Minimum Price or Fairtrade Premium payer
4. The customer’s Fairtrade business is limited to selling ready for consumer packaged products registered/validated by Fairtrade International or a National Fairtrade Organization
5. The customer’s annual global turnover (including non-Fairtrade activities) does not exceed two million Euros.
6. The customer does not have more than two additional entities