If you feel that the world of Fair Trade has its very own language – don’t fret! We’ll keep you in the know!
With this glossary we’ll guide you through the common technical terms used by FLOCERT, Fairtrade International and the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO).
Learn about the wor(l)ds of Fair Trade below!
A small licensee is a subcategory of a Fairtrade trader, if complying with all of the following requirements:
1. The customer holds a licensee contract with Fairtrade International or a National Fairtrade Organization.
2. The customer manufactures or re-packages Fairtrade products.
3. The customer does not categorize as a Fairtrade Minimum Price or Fairtrade Premium payer
4. The customer’s Fairtrade business is limited to selling ready for consumer packaged products registered/validated by Fairtrade International or a National Fairtrade Organization
5. The customer’s annual global turnover (including non-Fairtrade activities) does not exceed two million Euros.
6. The customer does not have more than two additional entities