Our Mission, Vision and Values
FLOCERT is proud to be a purpose-driven social enterprise, prioritising its mission, vision and values over profit.
Find out more below about FLOCERT’s mission and vision, how it aligns with Fairtrade‘s, and the values that guide us!
We prioritise integrity, credibility and efficiency, earning the trust of stakeholders, customers and the public through impartial assessments and services. The following principles guide our mission:
- Build mutually enriching relationships with our customers, understanding their needs and supporting their long-term success.
- Collaborate with like-minded customers to improve the livelihoods of farmers and workers, combating poverty and ensuring fair working conditions.
- Uphold our commitment to impartiality and transparency, providing accessible information with diligence, efficiency and speed.
- Empower and hold our staff accountable, fostering continual service improvement, system enhancement, and the use of best practices.
Our vision is to establish a trusted global trade system that safeguards the livelihoods of farmers and workers in countries disadvantaged by unfair global trade structures.
As a world-leading provider of assurance for global supply chains, we will ensure the livelihoods of producers in developing countries around the world.
We want our credible, reliable services to sit at the heart of global supply chains, guaranteeing that the social, economic and environmental standards running through them are met without fail.
Our values embody our business practices and reflect how we interact with both our colleagues and customers. We strive to be innovative, diverse, credible, and human-focused.
Our leadership culture
At FLOCERT, we believe everyone is a leader in their own right. Leadership is part of everyone's daily work life at FLOCERT. We believe we're all leaders in our own right, regardless of job titles or hierarchy: we all own what we do, trust our initiative and show mutual respect for each other.
FLOCERT's culture is built on understanding, cooperation, and a shared sense of ownership within the company. The leadership mindset and behaviours we all share enable us to operate as we do.
We’re an accredited Social Enterprise
In 2015 our commitment to social business values was officially recognised, and we were pleased to be accredited as a Social Enterprise. This means we put the interests of people and the planet ahead of shareholder gains. We’ve always thought of FLOCERT as a social business. Profits have never been our focus – beyond covering our costs, we’ve always invested our income into our resources, continuously developing and improving them so that we can provide the very best services and systems to help your business thrive.
Purpose is good. Shared purpose is better.
- Fairtrade’s mission is to connect disadvantaged producers and consumers, promote fairer trading conditions, and empower producers to combat poverty, strengthen their position and take more control over their lives.
- Fairtrade’s vision is a world in which all producers can enjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfil their potential and decide on their future.
We carry out Fairtrade Certification for producers and traders all around the world. True to our Fairtrade heritage, we're proud to also offer Customised Assurance solutions to organisations focused on improving the living conditions of farmers and workers in global supply chains and openly committed to operating in a sustainable way.
We assess every new enquiry we receive against our mission and vision to ensure that we never waver in our commitment to fair global trade.